February 10, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Cake

February is a wonderful month, full of wonderful things like purple, amethysts, winter, overly commercialized holidays....and my birthday! Impending doom (i.e. boards) or no, I had to make a cake for my birthday earlier this week. What's a birthday without cake? I am on an upswing in terms of my love of my birthday. I liked it when I was quite young, then my birthday spirit took a nose dive throughout jr. high & high school. During college, birthdays started to make a very slow comeback....coincident with my renewed interest in baking. I made a cinnamon sugar cake with brown sugar cinnamon buttercream frosting from a recipe on The Pastry Affair, with a few substitutions.

No, one is never too old for birthday candles. 





No comments:

Post a Comment