September 24, 2010

A Weakness

One of my many weaknesses is spending way too long checking out kitchen stuff in stores. It’s sad, really, because I change my residence every year or two, and I really hate packing up all the stuff I have in my kitchen. When I moved out of my last apartment, my mom made me throw away one of my baking sheets! It was quite sad. It’d been in my house most of my life and we had a lovely 3 years together in college and grad school. My other baking sheet was not in much better condition. I’m not sure why I was allowed to keep it. It rattles when you tilt it side to side and it is scored in many directions from having pizza cut on it.
In any case today I came across this baking sheet set and I couldn’t resist.

Plus it’s made by “Nordic Ware” complete with a Viking head. What person with the tiniest smidgen of Norwegian blood could resist? No one, that’s who.
With respect to the chef’s knife on top of the box, I bought that today too. I had kidnapped my mom’s Chef’s knife for the past 3 years, but gave it back when I moved to med school. I was in a discount store and decided I couldn’t live with awkwardly chopping up produce any longer.
I guess I need to bake cookies with nuts now to justify today’s purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment